Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ALASKA, BABY!!!


These are my friends Randy and Dave. They live in NYC and both have extremely boring jobs working for law firms. However. Dave is a theatre producer. He owns his own theatre called the Lil' Peach, and Randy's not so secret love (aside from theatre and Dave) is archaeology. In fact, I first met Randy on my last trip to Israel. I met Dave at their Halloween party later the same year.

Well, apparently Randy has parents. And they were having their bazillionth wedding anniversary. So when Randy invited me to go along on an Alaskan cruise to help celebrate, I really had to think about it.....for about 3 seconds. For those of you who don't know me that well, pretty much if I haven't been there and it's supposed to be fun, and you invite me, and there's food, lots of food, I'll go. (I say "pretty much" because I know people for whom qualifiers are necessary for their safety and those around them.)

This trip I was determined to not do anything educational or learn anything about history - too close to what I do for work. My sole objective: eat when I want, sleep when I want, and take lots of pictures. It is a vacation, is it not?

Since it's been a couple months since I took this trip (in August), I apologize if some of my facts aren't entirely correct. My memory is only so good after all. Be sure to click the older posts link at the bottom of the page to see all the photos. There's about 50 of them, so consider yourself warned.

No comments: